Monday, July 30, 2007

JUSTONEE

Greetings Fashionistas! Allow me to introduce myself:

It’s Toni Drumwright here or as some refer to me as Justonee. How did I come up with Justonee? Well, basically, it’s Just Toni...

So let me give you a visual... Dirty old man, gold teeth, jheri curl, unbuttoned shirt, looking at me like he wants to eat me up... You get the point right?

He asks: What's your name?

I say: Toni...

He says: “Like Tony, Tone, Toni??" Or "Like Toni Braxton??" (Remember the visual now)

I say: (sarcastically) NO!! Just Toni!!

Now, give it a little French accent, and voila!! Justonee!!

I started in the fashion industry in the 6th grade.. That's right! Smuggling my parents' denim jeans into my bedroom was very profitable for me because I used to make denim drawstring purses. The price was $2, but for an extra $.50 you could get your name on the pocket.. What?! I was a hustler for fashion even back then! Aaahhhh, memories.. Let's fast forward umpteen years... I went to FIT and studied in the fashion styling program where I met many slaves to fashion like myself. I've worked on shoots for New Jersey Monthly magazine, freelance photographers, and also as a dresser for various fashion shows including New York’s fashion week and charity fashion events.

I’ll be sharing fashion chronicles, advice, 411, cheer, jeers, and tips...

Next up: Style on a budget

Until next time…

One should never enter a room and expect ambiance; One should enter a room and become it.

Be Seen at the Top!


~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

After you told that guy your name is "just toni" you should have told him to just mind his damn business!

Funny post Toni, i hope to read more.


-Khalid

Tinalee Media & Events said...

Trust me, You have NO IDEA how many times I've heard this!! So tired..

I don't get it much from the young bucks because Tony, Tone, Toni is a little (Gasp) before their time..