Friday, August 3, 2007

STYLE ON A BUDGET

So we all read the magazine articles about finding things for a "steal", right? Only to peruse thru the magazine thinking "Good grief! Where do these people work?! That's a steal?!" I know plenty of times I've had to resort to searching high and low looking for a cheaper version of the "steal". That's why there's no shame in my game when it comes to buying clothes that I can rock stylishly, yet not have to resort to spending my rent money on the latest trend. Target has recently partnered with the design duo called Libertine. Here's how it works: Johnson Hartig is one half of the duo. He's based out of LA and finds vintage pieces to re-cut and reassemble. Then he sends them to NY to his partner Cindy Greene who then silk screens images on them. Karl Lagerfeld wears it regularly! (Not to mention Gwyneth Paltrow and Brad Pitt) And what's so great? The cheapest price point is $12.99! Hey, if Karl and Gwyneth can wear it and still look good, I'm all for it!!


{Pictured above: Dress "Laundry by Shelli Segal" Regular price $245, sale price $97.90 from ShopItToMe.com}

Now, let me give a brief testimonial to this web site that I once stumbled upon. ShopItToMe.com/ is my new best friend! (Well, not really, her name is Dawn, but you get the point.) Shop it to me is a site that you customize to your liking. You let them know your size, favorite designers, and price points. And like clockwork, I get my sale notification every Thursday telling me about designers from Diane Von Furstenberg and Vera Wang to Gap. The sales are serious!! And what's best is that YOU customize the prices, so you'll never get any outrage sale prices that you can't afford. Hey, I have no problem wearing something that's considered last season. Shoot, if it fits and it’s fabulous, it’s for me.

Here’s a little bonus for you New Yorkers: There’s this place in the East Village called The Hanger Bar & Boutique. Come in for a cocktail or a wardrobe, whatever you fancy. It’s a bar that doubles as a vintage shop! Get this, happy hour is from 2-9 p.m. and the prices range from $10 to $25!! How’s that for style on a budget?!

Personally, whenever I have doubts, I throw on a pair of jeans, a white tank, and accessories for days..

Next up: Avoiding fashion disasters

Until next time..

One should never enter a room and expect ambiance; One should enter a room and become it.

~Justonee

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Cute, Toni. I actually signed up and I get their email updates. That way I don't have to always check the site.