Tuesday, December 19, 2006

GGT Event: They're Shooting


Okay, okay. So I made a boo-boo and didn’t blog about the GGT event on Friday, They’re Shooting. Well, on Friday, we went to the gun range and let me tell you. It was a blast! We had 20 minutes of instruction…well actually, they guy gave us .22 caliber rifles and told us the basics: ‘Here is the trigger. This is how to load the magazine. Watch where you point the gun. Don’t shoot yourself. Don’t shoot me.’ And he let us go! We shot live ammo. The holes in the ceiling proved that we weren’t the only amateurs. A few ladies had difficulties mastering the art of shooting in a straight line, but Joanna showed us all up. Girlfriend got the hang of the rifle and was practically a sniper by the end of the night. Yeah… good times!

I promise next time I will give you advanced notice. The events take place around the 15th of each month and are listed on the website, but as suggested, I will list them here as well.

Until next time…
~Be Seen at the Top!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I remember going shooting with my girls and it was a definite rush. I still kept the target sheet to post on my fridge for fun.

Next, you should also try out the flying trapeze with the Trapeze School New York (TSNY). As an avid Sex in the City fan, I HAD to give it a swing for my 25th birthday. It was so much fun! But, because I went in the fall, they had the area tented up. So, I was lucky. Otherwise, I would've blanked out with all the highway noise and scenic hudson river views.

It costs about as much as shooting ($50-75) and be sure to bring your own camera so that you don't spend an arm and a leg for their TSNY shots. I'm dying to go back!

~cyn