Monday, December 11, 2006

Comfort Foods


The other day, I saw a program on the Fine Living station that motivated me to try something new. On the show, the host went to different cities and was introduced to the culture by four local-yokels. One personality said she could take him to a different spot in her city for breakfast, lunch and dinner for the next 4 years! Now, that got me to thinking, where do I normally eat, hangout or what-have-you? I need to spice things up a bit. I like to try new things (hence GGT) but even I get into my rut of Thai, Italian, Indian, and the good ole’ Mac-n-cheese with baked chicken. Yummy.

So, I now charge you… Sometime this week, go somewhere different, eat something different and tell me about it. Not the Mountain Oysters (it’s a Southern thing), Chinese Duck’s Blood, or Fried Okra some of you might enjoy. Try something new. ;-)

Pictured above are two peculiar French desserts I tried on Friday. On the left is peach mousse, covered in peach sauce, on a peach biscuit. The one on the right is an apricot based mixed fruit cheesecake sort of thing. Delish! Sorry I don’t remember their names, but I enjoyed every spoonful.

No comments: